Goosemeyer by Brant Parker
cbrubaker
2007-10-12 02:33:46 UTC
Anyone have information on this strip? It was apparently a short-lived
creation of Brant Parker that ran in early 1980s.

I believe one of the "Crock" team was behind this as well.
Brian Henke
2007-10-12 03:53:40 UTC
Post by cbrubaker
Anyone have information on this strip? It was apparently a short-lived
creation of Brant Parker that ran in early 1980s.
I believe one of the "Crock" team was behind this as well.
Goosemyer was a comic strip set in Washington, DC (It was in the
Post, too). I remember the jowly dog, Cudlow, very well. He hated
cats, and wanted to get his hands on one. So he decided to get
him...and he found a giant-sized Garfield (or someone like him) and
said that he looked smaller in the paper.

***@aol.com

-----------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, Rose is Rose

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find
in Atlanta

He's a monster. He loves flowers. See Henry's Garden, and vote for
it on IMDB!

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2459519/
D. D. Degg
2007-10-12 11:16:45 UTC
I got "Goosemeyer" starting on March 24, 1980
and ending sometime around 1984 (no exact date).

Brant Parker and Don Wilder co-creators and gagmen,
with Parker as artist and Wilder as writer.
Distributed by Field Enterprises.

D.D.Degg
Robin
2007-10-12 17:21:34 UTC
Post by Brian Henke
Post by cbrubaker
Anyone have information on this strip? It was apparently a short-lived
creation of Brant Parker that ran in early 1980s.
I believe one of the "Crock" team was behind this as well.
Goosemyer was a comic strip set in Washington, DC (It was in the
Post, too). I remember the jowly dog, Cudlow, very well.
A friend of mine, who worked in a Washington government office at the
time the strip came out, has a last name that is a homonym of
"Cudlow." Apparently the name was well known in that branch of the
agency as it appeared on various directives. My friend always had the
suspicion that this may have had something to do with the choice of
the dog's name.

Does anyone recall whether the strip's writer, Don Wilder, had some
personal connection to the DC office scene?

I moved to Washington close to the time that Goosemeyer ended. I
remember the last strip vaguely; I think he simply said goodbye to
everyone and shut off the lights and left the office.

--Robin